Saturday, April 9, 2011

the last one

I'm nearly there.

And in the process I've learned two things about myself:
a) I'm the worst procrastinator ever
b) I'm a perfectionist

a + b =  horribly, horribly high stress levels



Take this paper that was due Wednesday, for example.  It was too much, and I felt a little like this guy here:



All the while thinking: 
-must. not. do. this. to. myself.
-must. use. will. power.
-must. finish. this. dumb. dumb. paper.
-why. why. why. does. this. always. happen. to. me.


BUT, now that it's done, all I can think is, "THIS IS THE LAST DARN PAPER I WILL EVER WRITE FOR SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!  LAST PAPER EVER*!!!!!!!


AHHHHHHH!!!  THIS is what pure jubilation feels like!! :)





*I graduate this year!  Conditional on the fact that I never go back to school.  People who know me well are kinda convinced that I've got a PhD to tackle....aieee... don't even want to think about that!



4 comments:

  1. YOU"RE FINSIHED, WOOT WOOT! TIME TO PARTY YAAR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With school stuff, yes. Just got some overdue reports for placement, and then on Wednesday, I'll do one of those fancy happy-jumping-in-the-air things!

    Oh, and I think it's about time I make that darn chocolate cheesecake I've been lusting after for a year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure to take a picture while u jump for joy, we'll compare it to

    ur Phd days sootime inshallah, n send some cheesecake to this dwelling as well :p
    -musFira

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Mussafira: Okay, so I dragged alma outside and when took multiple shots of me jumping in the air...but it's really HARD to capture it on camera! If I'm brave enough, one day I'll post them up...one day!

    Mmmmm...cheesecake! Maybe I'll bring some over some time soon. :P Or maybe not! lol

    ReplyDelete